Saturday, November 13, 2010

How it all began

This is a story of how I got Fox. It all started September 2009. I had Gulliver back then. I purchased him the year before that. I wasn't making any plans to sell him at first. I knew this to begin with that he was locked up in his pelvis from being an ex-roping horse. In September 2009 I showed him at the Spokane Interstate Fair. I did gaming on Gulliver and he was just sore to the bone. I felt bad for him. It was before I had counseling and it was really stressful. We had just gotten back from our trip to Ocean Shores and I think Gulliver was too upset about having to be away from home again. Not only was he sore but he was ancy and upset. I don't blame him after having a long trip at the beach. So after the fair I was starting to grow apart from him. I kept him for another couple of months. The last couple of months I had him I lost interest in him. So I sold him right after Thanksgiving last year. Gulliver went to a home where he'd have a lighter duty job. I decided that I would take our 5-year-old QH gelding, Danny, and get myself a dog. After selling Gulliver, I got a Golden Retriever puppy and named it Savannah. I went for just a few months without a horse. Then I decided that I didn't feel like Danny was mine and that he's my mom's horse. So in Spring 2010 right after winter was over, we found a home for Indy and I started shopping for a horse. I looked at some horses and some were either projects or not properly trained. I started thinking that it's hopeless and that I would never find a good horse. I began to regret selling Gulliver. Then this ad on Craigslist came up just saying AQHA gelding for sale. It said very little. I just thought I'd call on it just to see what the horse was. I talked to the lady and she said that he was owned by her 12-year-old daughter. They paid $3,000 for him in 2008. They bought him from a cowboy down in Valleyford saying that he hadn't been ridden in 5 years. They sent him to the trainer for 30 days for a tune up. Her daughter was more into ice hockey. The mom told her that both sports were time consuming and expensive that she needed to pick one or the other. So the hockey was winning over and they put Fox up for sale. I tried him out and I liked him. So I brought him home and now he's mine. I've had him for almost a year now. Next year I will be doing gaming on Fox.

No comments:

Post a Comment