Sunday, June 6, 2010

More progress with me and Fox

I took Fox for a little ride yesterday. I don't have any pics to post so I'm just going to tell all about it. I rode him in the roundpen working on walk-trot transitions. Fox just goes right into the gates. He's got such a smooth lope too. I was riding him while my mom was trimming our pony, Tonka's feet. Sorry I don't have any pics to post on here or else I would. I'm not going to show at the Interstate Fair this year like I did last year. For one thing I've done for two years in a row. I don't need to do it again. Another thing is it's just too long and stressful. There's plenty of horse activities I can do that don't involve the Fair. The first year I showed at the fair was with Danny. I showed him in halter and I got grand champion. The second year was with Gulliver. That year was for some reason a little more stressful than it was the year I showed Danny. If I were to do it this year it would be with Fox and it would be my third year to do it. But two years is good enough for me. I don't need to do it three years in a row. I gave myself two options. If I were to do it again I could enter less classes such as just doing a halter class and O-mok-see or not do the fair at all. I chose not to do the fair at all. I'm just giving out how this year is going to be a lot less stressful than it was last year. I'm just going to do what I like to do with my horse. Just go on trail rides and meet up with friends for play days every once in a while. I will possibly just enter a schooling show that's very low key. Just like a fun show not a big professional show. I'm just not into that kind of thing. Showing is very stressful because you have to practice a lot and getting them prepared is stressful also. This summer is going to be better than last summer. I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment