Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Been extremely busy with the holidays! We had a crazy windstorm on November 17th! It beat the records of ice storm 1996 apparently! I was only 3 years old during ice storm of 96, so I really have no memory of it. It was way long before I got my first horse, which was 2002. Artax got hurt the night before Thanksgiving! Fortunately it was only a superficial wound and it is healing like a champ! We finally had the bandage taken off since it is starting to scab over. We've been putting on panalog, a cortisone cream to prevent from proud flesh growing. I haven't ridden in over a month because Artax got hurt and also because of the weather. Artax's injury is healing up nice and he's also walking as if he hasn't gotten hurt. It's mainly the weather and we have about a foot of snow now, so it will most likely be spring that I can ride again. As much as I dislike the snow, we really need it because last winter we didn't get snow so we had a huge drought this spring and summer as a result. It was awful with all those wildfires, most notably the Okanogan Complex fire. Not to mention all the bugs we got. We've had worse winters years back, got through them, and this winter is still not nearly as bad as those years back such as winter 2008-2009. That was my sophomore year in high school. I plan on moving Artax to Valley Chapel farm in the spring, so I can have more access to arenas and lessons so I want to get into dressage and jumping. I hope to do a schooling show at Spokane Sporthorse farm in April. Here are some recent pics of Artax! Happy holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment