Sunday, January 23, 2011

A beautiful sunny day!

Well darn I don't have any pictures. I got to ride Fox today. He was so good. My mom or anybody wasn't here to take pictures. So I galloped the barrel pattern with Fox. He was so good! He was behaving like a gentleman today. Fox just took everything in stride like he usually does. Since I haven't ridden him in awhile, he's been a little ancy lately. All horses usually get a little ancy in the winter and early spring. It's no biggy. I just have to remember that so I can do some ground work with them before we saddle them up. I've been doing that with Fox and it works. Before I put the saddle on him, I just lunged him a little and it worked. Also while I was in the saddle before I started the patterns on him, I galloped him around in a few circles to get warmed up. It's always a good idea to do with horses, especially when they're a little ancy. Well that was my day for today. The only other thing I did was drove my brother and his kids into town today because they needed a ride. Have a great rest of the evening. Good night.

1 comment:

  1. That's great that you're out riding through winter! I haven't been in the saddle, so I don't know how mine would act. I'm thinking it's about time though--maybe tomorrow or Friday since they're saying we might sunshine. :)

    ReplyDelete